Friday, March 26, 2010

8th Mondegreens

  1. When I was four or five my favorite song was 'Hit Me With your Best Shot' because my name is Beth and I thought the song was 'Hit Me with your Beth's Shot'. I thought everyone was really into seeing how strong I was (from Beth).
  2. My favorite misheard lyric came from years ago. I was a nanny for a 4 year old girl, and on the way to and from activities we would listen to the radio. One day, as she was in her playroom coloring, I heard her singing "Love Shack" by the B-52's. As I listened more closely I heard her singing "Mouth shut! Baby, Mouth shut!" (from Kristen).
  3. My two favorites were "Strained pepperoni all night long" (for Aerosmith's "Train Kept A-Rollin"), and "You live your life like a canary in a coma" for the Police's "Canary in a Coal Mine." (from Kara).

No comments:

Post a Comment