Saturday, March 20, 2010

2nd Mondegreens

  1. When I was a kid they used to show commercials on tv for the armed forces that said "Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines." My brother still makes fun of me for saying "Army, Navy, AIRPORTS, Marines." Oh, and in the Dave Matthews Song "Ants Marching" where he sings "playing under the table and dreaming" I always thought it flowed better as "under the table and DRINKING." (from Denise).
  2. Our father, who art in heaven / How do you know my name?
    Bitter chains, round my heart. Yeah! (Billy Jeans not my lover)
    And everyone knows the first line of the chorus for funky town is actually Japanese (ish)...... dah le lah
    "nu jitsit witsu ...............da le lah Funky Town" (from B).
  3. From Blinded By The Light (by Manfred Mann’s Earth Band). "Blinded by the light, wrapped up like a douche bag in the middle of the night" (from B--see Kristin's too).
  4. From 'Heart, I just died in your arms tonight' by Whitesnake - the correct lyrics are "I just died in your arms tonight. It must have been something you said". I always thought it was "Must have been something I ate" - which made perfect sense to me. Also, my brother used to sing 'I met a vol-au-vent' for 'Under the boardwalk'. (from Hope Springs).
  5. Mine is from the bit in Tiffany's "I think we're alone now" that goes "I think we're alone now / There doesn't seem to be anyone around / I think we're alone now / The beating of our hearts is the only sound." For years I thought the last line was "They're beating up a horse, it's the only sound" (from Hamstergirl).

No comments:

Post a Comment