Thursday, March 25, 2010

7th Mondegreens

  1. Just this weekend, a friend on Facebook posted this lyric from Men At Work's Land Down Under "He was six-foot-four and full of muscles / I said, "Do you speak-a my language?" / He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich." For all these years, I thought they were singing "He just smiled and gave me a bite of my sandwich." I always figured the big guy stole the narrator's sandwich but gave him back a bite (from Holly).
  2. I sing "donuts make my brown eyes blue" all the time (from Aunt Misfit).
  3. My four year old niece thought "my bonnie lies over the ocean" was "my body lies over the ocean." When I corrected her, she said, "That doesn't even make sense. What's a bonnie?" (from Once a Mother).

3 comments:

  1. I also used to think it was my body lies over the ocean. It was a joke between my friends and I when we were out partying in our teens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these make my WHOLE Day!!! :) seriously the giggles ensue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My college friend and I had 2 dogs, who were best friends as she and I were. One day she said she couldn't go for a hike with the dogs because she had to get Shasta "dick-tipped" -- she meant to say Tick Dipped!

    ReplyDelete